Monday, August 27, 2012

August 25, 2012

Ola Família, 

This week has been a good week. I know that i say that every week pretty much but i really cant complain about anything. The lord is blessing me a ton. I had the opportunity to give a training a group of missionaries and that was a good experience. I had gotten to Petrolina, where the missionaries are serving, in the morning and we had marked the meeting at 9:00 am and so when me and my companion got there we were a little tired to say the least. We got to the church and we i still didn't know exactly what we need to say to these missionaries but i went into the bathroom, washed my face and looked in the mirror and saw a worked over missionary. His tie all crooked, his shirt all wrinkled, bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, but happy to be there and to serve these missionaries. I left the bathroom and felt like i needed to ask for help. I went into a room and knelt down and prayed. I have really gained a love for prayer and how powerful a prayer to our Heavenly Father can be. I simply told him, "I don't know what i need to say to these missionaries to wake them up, but i know that you know and that is good enough for me. Please, Heavenly Father, grant me thy Spirit." 
As i walked into the room of waiting missionaries looking at me i still didn't know that i needed to say. We prayed together, we sang together, and as we arose to give the training our mouths were filled. The Lord blessed us immensely and we felt the Spirit and made goals to become better. I love to pray. I know that He hears me. He gives me the strength to do all that i do. I am grateful for the blessing that the mission is. 

sorry this is so short but everything is great. I'm happy, taking pictures, and learning a ton! 


-- 
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment