Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 27, 2012

I am incredibly blessed to be the mother of three wonderful sons and two daughters-in-law and the grandmother of three precious little girls and one little boy soon to join our family. Daily I feel the love of our children. I too have fond memories imprinted upon my heart of singing with the boys the beautiful primary songs. I am grateful that our grandchildren are becoming familiar with them as well. I often wonder what I did in my pre-earth life that qualified me to be entrusted with such spectacular children. Each of them are so incredibly special to me. I love them, I love them, I love them. This letter from Jordan means so much to me.....(Nancy)






Ola,

I think I have gained a greater appreciation this week for my Mom. I do love all you, Dad, Josh & Ashley with little Paisley, and Jeremy & Amanda with Brooklyn and I don't know if it is a secret anymore but I love little Jordyn also. But I really do love Nancy Brown. My mom is an incredible women. Who she is and what she does for me is far beyond obligation. How I know that she loves me is really simple, it is a test that I can do any time of the day, any day of the week, if it's raining or the suns shining it is all the same and it is real to me. All I need to do is close my eyes and imagine her and I feel her love. I am grateful for my "Mainha."

Story: My companion helps out with the ward choir and has pretty much put everything on his shoulders and so we are there for hours helping the ward members practice singing their parts. And this week I have kinda got sick and my throat got all swollen up and my vocal cords all messed up so I could'nt sing. (dont worry mom I'm fine now!) But I was kinda sad that I could'nt sing and really wanted to visit some people and find some people so I'll admit I wasn´t the happiest little indian boy in the tribe. As i sat there at the end of the night i remembered a quote that i got as an email from Mom that talked about companionships and when we feel happy and proud of our companion´s success and talents we have really learned to love them. And i was happy for him and what he was doing, but really wanted to be a part of what was going on. And at the end of the night i was kinda throwing a pitty party on my behalf as my companion sang and trained a few ladies on a few songs they will sing in the devotional that we programed. And one of my "Mainha"s in the ward was singing and as she sang I closed my eyes and I remembered some of the most special moments in my life. Riding in the car with my mom singing primary songs. As, Jakelayne (Mainha) ,sang i remembered those treasured moments and in those minutes i really felt my Mom´s love. I won't ever forget those special moments riding in the car with my mom singing those little songs or will i forget when i was in the mission in Juazeiro da Bahia and remembered how grateful i was for those little songs. I challenge all of you with children or will have children or have grandchildren to sing and sing those sweet primary hymns to your little ones because one day when they are far, far, far away and feeling a little tired and burned out, maybe a little sad and wanting to just be done will close his eyes as someone sings those simple, plain primary songs and the Spirit will fill his heart and give him hope.

I guess this weeks story really didn't have a miracle but it's what i felt I needed to say.



te amo todos vocês!!,

Elder Brown



P.S.- I started running everyday with my companion and Bishop William! I love these guys! ha. Hopefully I can get rid of some of this chubbyness!! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment