Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 10, 2012

Ola,

What can I say about this week? Sometimes I sit down here to write to you guys and I really do know what to say. I guess I'm learning more about Virtue. Every Wednesday night we have a training that we give to the men of the Branch and I have been giving the Christlike attribute to them and this last week we got to Virtue so Virtue is what we taught them. I thought about changing the topic but I felt like I should keep it as it was. So I planned to give the lesson and didn't really plan my time very well to really refine the lesson and to work out the cracks. So when I gave it, it was pretty raw and all over the place and I really didn't think that anyone understood anything I said or could even grasp the concept of what I was trying to say. And I'll admit I felt a little down and I asked my companion how was the lesson and he told me that it was good. Then I looked at him with those eyes that say, "you are lying." ha. and then he told me it was, "alright." And I felt content with that for the moment because we were going to teach someone else that night. And then he changed it again ha. And told me it was just, "okay." And ended with, he didn´t really like the lesson. And I felt a little bad about that because I knew I should have planned better but I just kinda blew it off because it is in the past and I can't do anything more to change it just prepare better the next time.
And the week went on and I thought more about Virtue and the power that it has and how we can all be more virtuous and my companion told me later in the week that the lesson was for him and he thanked me for it. And when he said that I did´t really know how to respond. I just looked at him and smiled. Later that Saturday a young man who listened to the lesson that I gave came up to me and asked me for advice on how to be more virtuous. And thanked me for the lesson. The Lord really knows what we need to say and what we need to do. He guides us with little whispers and feelings that if not recognized are easily masked by the loudness, and vulgarity of the world. Virtue is something we all need to acquire. It is not a simple something that the young women pass off in their little personal progress book or a thing only for women. We all need to be virtuous, righteous people. Jesus Christ, Himself, gave us a great example of what is virtue in the scriptures when He cured the women of the blood disease.

"44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.

45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me."

"48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace."

Virtue is truly Power. When we become virtuous people we are granted forgiveness for our sins and as holders of the Priesthood of God we wield our Priesthood in all the principles of Righteousness and we as Néfi the great missionary was given the promise,

4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

I love the Lord. And let us all try to be a little more Virtuous in our thoughts, actions, deeds, and desires!

te amo,
elder brown

No comments:

Post a Comment