Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 7, 2011

OLA,

A pineapple is about 80 cents and I think the exchange rate is about 1,50 Reais to 1 dollar.

So transfers .............. drum rolll ............ Elder Madsen got transferred to Petrolina which is in a different state that the mission covers and I stayed here in Ribeira do Pombal. With my new companion Elder L. Santos. Elder L. Santos is from the state right below Bahia, Minas Gerais, and has about 5 months on the mission. He arrived with Elder Hubbard to the mission but arrivde with less time because Brazilians stay less time in the CTM. He is of course Brazilian and I already like the young fella. He was baptized 4 years ago and is now on the mission baptizing the people that will hopefully do the same in the years to come. It is way cool. He lives in a city that has 4 branches that are working to become a stake so he knows how things work in little branches and basic units of the church. He was really trained well and I'm excited to celestialize the city!!! ha.

I'm a little sad that my giant companion left but I know that he will do well where he is at and will baptize and do his best where ever he is put. It wasn´t easy with him but I learned a ton and respect him alot. I only want the best for him and hope that he can go and do many wonderful things.

Something that I love about the city of Pombal is how far away it is from Salvador. It is about 5 or 6 hours of travel every time we travel to a conference. and I've had some really cool experiences on the bus. Yesterday no one sat by me so I had the chance to read a bunch of the Book of Mormon and I learned a bunch. Every time I pick that book up I feel the power and the blessing that it is. I read from 3 Néfi 14 to Mórmon and i felt the power of the Saviors teaching and words. I am so grateful for what I feel and get from the Book of Mórmon every time I read. I feel closer to my Heavenly Father and learn of our Savior. One thing that i have learned from the Savior is His ability to handle adversity. Or how the apostolos of the ancient America's were able to receive and appreciate chastisement. In those chapters the Lord says some things that are stern and forward and tell His beloved apostolos to do some things even though they don´t know why.

I am learning slowly how to be and take chastisement and i know that if i can learn to accept and appreciate chastisement i will will grow and become a missionary of the Lord.

I'll write more next time.

te amo,
elder brown

No comments:

Post a Comment