Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 4th, 2011

Ola,

What to say, what to say this week? Well I guess I'm being kind of a hypocrite because I totally forgot to write down all the tender mercies that the Lord gave me this week and to pay more attention to all the cool experiences that we had but I guess I can scrum up a few of them.

We had some pretty wild ones I guess you could say. I don't know if it hit me as hard as it did with Elder Hubbard cause the look on his face was way funny after the lesson. The first thing is here in Brasil there is a ton of babies. That sounds funny but let me explain. There are babies everywhere you look and they always seem to be tiny little ones who need their mom´s a lot. So with all these babies there is a good deal of moms and women taking care of the babies if you get where I am going. So to sum it all up it is really common to see 3 or 4 women in the streets breast feeding their babies while they talk to friends and hang out soooooo .. As we were teaching a lady and her 3 friends she had her baby with her and he got hungry! And I already had an idea what was gonna happen when we started teaching but I don't think Elder Hubbard had the slightest inclination. And bam! It happened, the baby was eating and I think I still get a smidgen uncomfortable but I could only imagine what Elder Hubbard was thinking ha. But the lesson needs to keep going and it did and after a little bit she did throw a little towel over the, "boob action," going on and it did get better until we asked her a question and what happens? She gets really animated about answering so she is moving around and the poor little baby is taking punches from his mom´s punching bag and it was hard not to feel sorry for the little guy and even the friend told her that she needed to stay still ha. So as we concluded the nursing concluded also and I feel like we all were pretty happy about that, Elder Hubbard and I, and her baby!
But nothing was better than Elder Hubbard´s face after the lesson. Made me laugh. We will see how she progresses and maybe even get her to come to church with us.

The other Highlight of our week had to be General Conference and the talks given. They were really incredible and powerful this session and I felt like I got a ton of revelation on what I need to do and I hope that I can live up to who I need to be to become what the apostles and profeta want us to be. I really loved the talks of the profeta and how funny he is. I think the talk that really hit home for me that is sticking out in my mind is the talk of Sister Dalton who spoke on the Priesthood. I have been studying the Priesthood for the past 2 weeks trying to figure out how I can use my Priesthood better and what it truly is. She spoke of how to use it as men, to be better Priesthood holders and how influential that is in the lives of others around us. I just want to live up to my divine potential. I just want to be like my fathers. They truly are men of great stature and examples of how to use the Priesthood. I am grateful for my fathers (Heavenly Father and my Dad) who have given me the Priesthood to bless my life and to permit me the opportunity to work miracles at even my immature and young age. Sister Dalton really helped me to find things that were missing in my hunt to understand this great power that I have been allotted.

I hope all of you loved General Conference like I did; and found out for yourselves that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God on the earth today. And through him all the rights and the keys of the Holy Priesthood of God are govern to bring such blessings as Complete remission of Sins, the ministering of angels and even the Sealing power only used in the House of the Lord.

Thank you for you prayers. I really do feel them. Until next week :)

amor, Elder brown

No comments:

Post a Comment