Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 11, 2011

Minha amada familia,

Questions answered! :) ..

Do you feel like you are relatively fluent in Portuguese now?: I learn a little more everyday and am still finding words that I don't know but I feel comfortable speaking. Maybe just because I don't really get embarrassed anymore about it or I am actually speaking better ha. I guess you can say it is pretty good.
How are you and Elder Hubbard getting along?: He is an awesome companion! If we have a weakest link in the companionship it is definitely me. But we get along good and have gotten pretty used to one another and it's pretty fun!
Do you have enough to eat?: I'm fat! ha.
Do you need money?: Nope. I don't really have a problem with that. Just have to be smart and not spend it on crazy stuff!
How are your clothes holding up?: Alright. I'll send you some pictures of the stuff that is kinda falling apart but I feel like everything is holding up pretty well. Blessed demais! Shoes?: The shoes are doing way good. Pants?: They call me the seamstress here in Brasil ha. Socks?: :( . Shirts?: Good! Do you need any of those things???? .. I don't think soo I'm doing great really :) .. just maybe those special things you wear under the shirts and pants! ..
Do you have stores that you can buy things in like a zip drive if your package does not come?: Yeah, they do but its no biggie.

So before I end my email gotta tell you that the mail system is freaking out here. All the mailmen are on strike because they want more money so we are getting NOTHING! And I am not liking it! So don't worry mom I don't think the packages are lost just are not gonna get to me until they come to some kind of agreement! Which will probably be April or May the way some things run around here in Brasil! ha. No, I'm sure a lot sooner than that.

This week was way awesome! We had a ton of spiritual experiences and we are trying our best to be the best we can. I didn't realize it would be so hard ha. But good morning Elder brown, time to wake up. I am seeing how easy it would be to serve a good mission and be a good missionary. But Elder Brown wasn't called to be a good missionary, he was called to be a great Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a missionary of this church, His church. There is nothing just good about this church everything is perfect and incredible. I can testify, with all the authority given and power granted that the Church of Jesus Christ is nothing but a marvel and a wonder. I love the church so much for what it teaches and the name that it carry's. As we teach others and they feel it is necessary to try to convert us or to weaken our faith in what we know to be true all I do is run my fingers over my name tag and look down and remember who it is that established his church AGAIN on the earth. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. I find so much comfort in just looking at who I am, and who I WILL be and what I have become and the miracles that I perform for Him, for he is a God of Miracles.

It's just a small message today sorry, but I love the Lord. This is His church. And if you don't know that forgive me for being so bold with my words but don't forgive me for what I wrote. Because I don't have any reason and won't apologize for knowing that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and he revealed his perfect gospel again on the earth so that we can find more lasting peace and happiness.

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment