Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011

Ola,

Hey family, its Elder Brown, I'm still kicking! Last week was for sure one of the most challenging weeks on my mission. I am realizing that I can survive and make it to the end of everyday and start another brand new fresh day the next that has a brighter and better glow around it. Some days as missionaries you work, work, and work and you feel like you find nothing, NOTHING, NOTHING but none of it is in vain. Monday morning of this week where we had district meeting where we talk about our week and what happened and how it went. We told them that we had experienced a ridiculously hard week, it was then that I realized why this week was a great challenge for us. It was completely my fault (let me explain) and for a split second felt sorry for Elder Hubbard because he suffered a little bit with me this last week also. Last Sunday night I prayed to Heavenly Father, the fulfiller of Promises, that I wanted a way to show and grow in faith. I KNOW that that prayer changed the whole week that was gonna come! Because I asked for that opportunity to show my faith we walked miles and miles every day, and we clapped at least 100 plus doors to hear responses that we didn't want to hear. But the miracle of it all is that you cannot ask to show your faith without passing through a test of some kind. EVERYDAY was a different test of some sort! Some days it was how to stay humble when someone says a bad thing to us, or how to defend and be compassionate for a companion doing all he can to be the best he can, or everyone telling you that they will go to church all in the same day and on Sunday find out that they actually meant they weren't gonna go ha. As I reflect on the week that we experienced I can now see all of the help that we were receiving. It is impossible for us to fulfill our promises without being blessed to match our sacrifice and then some. I am soo grateful for the angels that walked with us this past week, because I know they had a really hard job lifting the heads up of 2 Elders who just want to help the Lord do his work. I really know that they did everything and then some. That included bringing me a letter from you, Mom, which talked about what the young women in the ward spoke about in church. PMA, a Positive Mental Attitude. It was exactly what I needed. I am so grateful for the great, master orchestrator that knew I would ask for a week that I could grow and show my faith and made sure that I received a letter sent from a loving mom that was just what I needed to hear. The words of the young women in the Plain City Ward about the importance of Positive Mental Attitudes lifted me. Because of that letter I had the energy after walking miles, cutting 2 acres of overgrown foliage for 4 hours, waking up every day on time to study and to exhaust themselves mentally and spiritually, to leave the house that Sunday night and be blessed with 2 families who are really interested in our message, 2 young ladies who listen to us and were determined to pray and find out for themselves that these things are true. He truly has taught me this sweet sentence this week,


"Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.

I love this work. I've never been so tired and worn down in my life, but I've never felt so much purpose and need to give everything that I am to such a work. I love Jesus Christ who for me "paid the debt, such devotion and love can I forget?" He lives and is our Savior and Redeemer of the World.

Love
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment