Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday June 7, 2011

Ola,


Hey, before I forget I need help!!!!!!!!!!!! .. Can someone tell me how to make the following: Brownies!! Essential, Chicken Alfredo! Need to know how to make the sauce, Banana Bread!!! That's for you Mom because your banana bread is the best, Sugar cookies, and anything else really good that a missionary could throw together ha.

This week was difinitely a learning week. I don't know if I have said this or not but my theme to this transfer is Ether 12:27.

27) "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness." (Something I have learned throughout this transfer is that I have to go to the Lord. If the Lord could come to me and tell me how to make my weaknesses strong and told me I have to do it, I would lose one of the greatest gifts my Heavenly Father gave me, Agency. I have the ablility to choose and that makes going to my Heavenly Father, in prayer, so much more meaningful. The Lord is always there and I promise you can get a hold of him faster than the God given gift of texting ha.) "I give unto men weakness that they may be humble." (Humility is everything. If you are humble you have the key to all the attributes of Christ, you have the handle bars of the bicycle and the mouse to the computer. My dad, Johnny Brown, is the most humble man alive. And because he is so humble he won't tell you that! ha. So I will. I think of him without a doubt everyday when I need to be humble. I think, "what would good ole´ Johnny do?" I am so grateful for him and know that he is the best dad ever) "... and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me." (Our Savior; suffered it all. If you look up the definition of humble in the Bible dictionary it says this, "... grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold on eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts." If you give it your all he will help you through anything beacause he already suffered it.) "...for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

And the reason I chose that scripture is because I definitely have a ton of weaknesses that I need to make strong. The promise that scripture contains is so powerful and comforting. All I or anyone has to do is show our weaknesses to the Lord and he will make them strong.

I love you all .. and be humble!!!!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment