Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bonus Letter

I asked Jordan to share a message with me that I could share with the Young Women. I love the message he sent. I pray that we might all be good missionaries and share the blessing of the gospel with those that do not have this wonderful church.

Nancy


I don’t know if I could tell them something they don’t already know. But I’ll try. The feeling of sharing the gospel is like your mom´s voice when you are scared in the night. Nothing brings more peace and comfort. A confidence comes to an individual when you testify of what you know to be true. I love Doctrine and Covenants 50:22. It reads, “Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.” As we share the good news of the gospel both the teacher and the student rejoice together. I didn’t know what that meant until I shared the gospel with someone that received it. As a missionary when I look into someone’s eyes and share the first vision I don’t see their face or their hair or their clothes or even my companion. There is something so special about the message that I’m giving that when I look into their eyes I see their spirit. I see their heart rejoicing. I receive the gift of being able to see them as my Heavenly Father sees them. When we share the gospel the veil that we pass through when we are born is lightened and we receive angelic experiences. I cannot bear stronger testimony then that the gospel, when shared, and testified of will bring more TRUE happiness and closeness with our Heavenly Father. I know everyone has the opportunity to feel as I do every day, I know that everyone can bring someone closer to Christ. And most importantly I know everyone needs to BE the voice of the Savior, Himself. I know we need to be anxiously engaged in sharing this glorious gospel. Be that person, do not fear. Open your mouth and share what you know to be true.


I love you mom, I hope this helps.

Elder "be that person" Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment