Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011

ola,

Last week was a bit of everything! High moments and some lows, but all going forward. I don't have time to go backwards now days being 6 months old already ha. When missionaries come home and say in their homecoming talk how fast it goes, they are not lying! It seems almost like a dream, every day is its own adventure and every week a war. Yes, a war. I am fighting Satan all day, every day!!! He is real and I have a testimony of that. He works just as hard as missionaries. He wants to destroy everything good. We teach a great lesson, and the person feels the spirit way strong and then in 2 days they have forgotten the feeling or they begin to think our church is the same as going to any other church. He is deceptive, vile, and extremely smart. He knows us; we lived in heaven with him before we came to the earth. He was a loved brother, but now he has waged a war against us. The thing I have realized on my mission and a great deal this week is that .. the war is already won. It was won in heaven when we trusted our Elder Brother when he said he would go down and die for us. It was won when he accomplished that beautiful, incredible feat and it was won when he rose three days later to his father and our father and to his God, and to our God. (John 20:17) I love my Savior more then I can explain through words. I know he is real and I know that he is by our side when we testify of Him. The war is already won, but now it is time to put on the armor of god and go to battle. Every day is a battle and our battle field is the world. There is so much good in the world and so much bad and it has to be this way. (2 Nephi 2:11) When we put on the armor of God, we cannot fail. Satan works all day, every day in any way he can but we have the final say we give him power or we take it away. We have the power to completely shun him from our lives and overcome any obstacle he puts in our way. I am talking about this because I saw a lot of his handy work this week. One of our investigators went to church last week and loved it! She went home told her sister about it and her sister wanted to come to church this last Sunday as well. So pretty much we had our investigator doing missionary work .. how awesome is that? The first time we met with her this week she was pumped about our message, the second time we met with her she was less interested and just not there and she told us to not come by the house on Sunday because she wanted to walk alone. She didn´t show up to church. I am so sad for this young lady. She is my sister and I can´t stand the idea that she will not act on the promptings she felt and what she is gaining a testimony of. She hasn´t read and prayed yet for an answer, but she has read parts of the Book of Moarmon. I love her and will do everything in my power to help her. We will see what happens with her and I will let you know when something happens.

When I sat down to write this email I had all the intentions in the world of doing it like every other one with scriptures and funny stories but the spirit, I feel, directed my thoughts to this. Ephesians 6:10-11,14-18

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

We all need to keep hold of your testimonies, we have to safeguard them. We have to grow, love and nourish them. We have to have the desire to have a testimony and when we do we must never slip back to where we were. Do we stumble? Claro que sim! (yeah!) but we can always rekindle what was there before or if the flame has dwindled out. How do we gain a testimony? first: Alma 32:27: exercise a particle of faith or even a desire, second Alma 32:28 : feel the welling motion in our hearts and third: Moroni 10:3-5: ask Him who knows everything.

I have a testimony que a igreja de jesus cristo dos santos dos ultimos dias is true. I know that the gospel that was preached on a mount, the same gospel that was preached in a temple in Jerusalem, the same gospel that was given the 12 men to go and preach 2,000 years ago is taken door to door today. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is real and we have it. I know that my Savior lives. I know that He has a Father who loves us very much and has given us an amazing plan to learn grow and one day return to live with him!! I love him very much, He hears and answers my prayers. I know that we are blessed through adversity and after we are rewarded. I know that someone in Salvador, Brazil is waiting for some terrible Portuguese from an Elder "Brow" ha. I love this work and know it is real. and I say these things in the hollowed name of Jesus, the Christ. Amen

Elder "Brow"
That's how they say my name here!

No comments:

Post a Comment